The health and safety of our communities is a top priority of United Way. We are doing our best to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. The following are steps we are taking to help those impacted as well as resources and opportunities to give and get help.
We have started a United Way of McMinn & Meigs Counties Response & Recovery Fund. These funds will go to local agencies to help meet the needs and recovery for those who are impacted by COVID-19. These needs include food, rent, utility assistance and other necessities. You can text HOPE2020 to 313131 or CLICK HERE to give.
- If you would like to volunteer or donate supplies, please leave us a message with your name and number at 423-745-9606, email email@example.com or CLICK HERE to register online. We anticipate the need for volunteers in the coming weeks.
Below are specific resources that are available to the community.
· Coordinated Charities Food Bank, 109 Rocky Mount Road, Athens, is currently a drive-thru service from 9:30am—1:30pm Monday—Friday.
· Grace & Mercy Ministries, 714 Walter St., Athens, is offering carryout meals from noon-1:00pm on Mondays and Fridays. You must come to the door to receive your meal.
· Athens-McMinn Family YMCA is serving meals to kids (18 & under with kids present) from 4pm-6pm at the YMCA at the following locations:
- Athens-McMinn Family YMCA, 205 Knoxville Avenue, Athens (Drive-Thru from front door of YMCA)
- Ridgetop Apartments, 2009 Layman Road, Athens, (Drive-Thru or Carry Out from YMCA vehicle)
- Lee Manor Apartments, 1800 Lee Drive, Athens, (Drive-Thru or Carry Out from YMCA vehicle)
- Cherokee Point Mobile Home Community, 2538 Sullins Road, Athens (Drive-Thru or Carry Out from YMCA vehicle)
- Mobile Home Community located at 270 County Road 213, Athens (Drive-Thru or Carry Out from YMCA vehicle
· Better Living Center, 407 New Englewood Road, Athens, will be distributing food at the loading dock from 10am-4pm on Tuesdays.
- Meals on Wheels are continuing to be delivered with meals being left on the door steps excluding person-to-person interaction.
- The McMinn Senior Center is currently taking appointments for any Seniors in need of food or supplies. Please call 745-6830.
-The Etowah Senior Center will be distributing boxes of frozen meals for Seniors 60+. Please call 781-7632 to schedule an appointment. The next distribution is April 16th.
- For Senior shut-ins or self-quarantined that need assistance, please contact Aging Information & Assistance Toll Free Number at 1-866-836-6678. They are able to purchase groceries and deliver if needed.
- Love Thy Neighbor food pantry at TWU is serving food boxes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2pm-4pm. You must wait outside to receive a box. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 746-5273 for more information.
- Wesley Memorial UMC has a food bank open for eligible participants who are within the Etowah Utility District. To see if you qualify, call 423-507-7090. 923 Ohio Ave., Etowah, TN
- Meigs Ministries, 18364 TN-58, Decatur, is open for those who need food assistance Monday - Friday, 9am-3pm and Saturdays, 9am-1pm, 423-334-1071
- The Athens City Schools Free Drive-Thru Breakfast and Lunch Schedule can be found at www.athenscityschools.net.
- The McMinn County Schools Free Drive-Thru Breakfast and Lunch Schedule can be found at www.mcminn.k12.tn.us.
- The Meigs County Schools Free Drive-Thru Meal Schedule can be found at www.meigscounty.net
- Full Circle Medical Women's Clinic is having a Diaper Drive-Thru, Monday, April 6th in the Big Lots Parking lot. Free diapers and wipes. First Come, First Serve while supplies last.
· Coordinated Charities is providing all financial assistance by phone only. Please call 745-9625.
- Financial assistance is available through TANF to families that lost employment due to COVID-19. To learn more and to apply click here.
· The Good Faith Clinic will conduct drive thru REFILL ONLY clinics for existing patients until further notice. Patients should remain in their vehicle and provide a written list of medications to refill with the name and date of birth. The Good Faith Clinic will be open for REFILLS ONLY 2:30pm—4:00pm on Tuesdays, March 24th & 31st and April 14th & 28th.
- Community residents can call FamilyWize for free customer support to help them coordinate prescription medication delivery from participating pharmacies. Call the FamilyWize toll free number at 800-222-2818.
- If you need immediate help, please call 211. Your call will be answered by a trained specialist.
- Download our COMMUNITY RESOURCE GUIDE here.
- Follow the CDC guidelines at www.cdc.gov about COVID-19 prevention and symptoms.
- Legal Aid of Tennessee is taking online applications or by calling the closest LAET office. Click here to complete an online application.
- Comcast is offering qualifying students and parents, who are eligible, 60 days of free internet through Comcast Internet Essentials.